Invisible, Odorless and Silent
Electromagnetic fields, or EMFs, are fields of energy that surround electronic devices. These fields are made up of four components; electric fields, magnetic fields, wireless radiation, and dirty electricity.
Peer-reviewed scientific studies are showing that these fields can disrupt our body’s own electric and biochemical responses causing a myriad of health problems including insomnia, severe fatigue, and even cancer.
Our exposures to “electrosmog” has increased one quintillion since the 1950’s (that’s 1,000,000,000,000,000,000). As our exposure increases, top health practitioners are seeing tougher cases of insomnia, severe fatigue, and even cancer that don’t respond to medical protocols that used to work unless they mitigate their spaces for EMF exposures.
“I can pretty much divide my patient population in the middle: the group that gets better, and the group that won’t budge or is getting worse. The group that’s getting better are the ones who follow my recommendations to reduce EMF exposure. It is black and white”.
Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, A specialist in complex, chronic illness Md, PhD
I measure EMF levels in your space and come up with a detailed plan to mitigate and decrease your exposures.
EMFs and How They Affect Your Health
There are many health issues associated with EMFs, including Electromagnetic Hyper Sensitivity symptoms. The most common complaints are:
- Sleep disruption
- Nausea and dizziness
- Appetite loss
- Muscle spasms
- Numbness and tingling
- Tinnitus & Light headedness
EMF’s Four Fields
Created by differences in voltage.
Electric fields are present at all times, exude 6 to 8 feet into your space and can affect your sleep even with the lights turned off.
Pro-tip: Building Biologists know that lowering your electric field levels are key for a good nights sleep. With our state of the art equipment, we are able to find the circuits that raise body voltage and recommend turning them off at night with a remote command cut-off switch for optimal sleep and convenience.
Created when electric currents flow to power appliances & light.
Common sources of magnetic fields include electronic appliances and equipment with a motor like TVs, clocks, stoves, refrigerators, and charging adaptors (transformers). Less common sources are wiring errors, grounding on your water or gas pipe, or high voltage power lines.
Pro-tip: Epidemiological studies on the relationship between magnetic fields and childhood cancers support the value of measuring and lowering magnetic fields, especially in the bedroom. Normal materials of construction do not reduce or stop magnetic fields, so you need to be aware of what is on the other side of your bedroom wall or next to your bed and keep your distance.
Check out my post on “Sneaky Magnetic Sources” for more Science and Pro Tips.
Created by the workings of our electronic equipment. These fields can have a draining effect on your energy levels.
Dirty electricity is made from erratic spikes and surges of electrical energy traveling along power lines and building wiring that’s considered unusable power. Our modern electronics demand more, less, or varying amounts of power and the unusable power emanates into your space.
Pro-tip: Light dimmers create high amounts of dirty electricity that emanate into your space in every setting but off.
RF or wireless radiation is produced by information-carrying radio waves transmitting information from wireless devices.
Most sources are in your home, (think “smart” devices, cordless phones, routers, gaming consoles, baby monitors, alarm systems/cameras or anything with an FCC number.) There are many exterior sources including cell phone antennas, towers, and TV and radio satellites.
Pro-tip: Wired connections are best. Remember to keep your distance from wireless sources, put your router on a timer and keep your devices out of the bedroom at night.
Serious side effects from wireless radiation:
- According to the National Toxicology Program‘s, study (a federal interagency group under the National Institutes of Health), their 10 year, $25 million dollar study released in November of 2018 showed “clear evidence” of an increase in multiple tumor types.
- Surgeons are seeing breast cancers in young women who have stored cell phones in their bra. These published case reports reveal that tumors were located directly under the areas where the antennas of the phones were stored.
- Reduction in melatonin production, which interferes with sleep and makes people more susceptible to cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. Studies have also shown an increase in ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) and Parkinson’s.
- Electromagnetic radiation could increase infertility and has been shown to reduces sperm quality, production, and motility. Cleveland Clinic advises men to keep phones far away from your testes.
- A Yale Medicine study has linked wireless radiation to damaged brain cells, altered brain activity, memory problems, headaches, and sleep problems.
- Connections between electromagnetic exposure, autism, and ADHD have led doctors to advise reducing exposure. More than 140 physicians, scientists, and educators signed the BabySafe Project’s joint statement emphasizing that pregnant women reduce cell phone radiation exposure due to concerns about the impacts of exposure to prenatal brain development.
- Dr. Martha Herbert, Ph.D., an Assistant Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School and a Pediatric Neurologist and Neuroscientist at the Massachusetts General Hospital, wrote a letter to the Los Angeles Unified School District warning the use of wireless technology has an effect on children. Herbert writes: “EMF/RFR from WiFi and cell towers can exert a disorganizing effect on the ability to learn and remember, and can also be destabilizing to immune and metabolic function. This will make it harder for some children to learn, particularly those who are already having problems in the first place.”
- Learn more here: Peer Reviewed Scientific Research On Wireless Radiation
Pro-tip: Even when in “sleep mode,” your smartphones, smart TVs, gaming consoles, watches, etc. emit radiation. Your phone and devices are constantly updating apps, using your location, receiving texts, and notifications, which “checks in” sending pulsed microwaves several times per second to the nearest cell tower. You have to unplug these devices!
Not sure what devices in your home might be radiating wireless radiation? Look for items with an FCC number that is required for all radiation-emitting devices. I can help you identify your radiation emitting devices.
What Can You Do to Lower Your Exposures?
Environmental Health Trust has listed recommendations on what you can do to lower RF exposures in your home.
- Distance is your friend—know what RF devices are emitting in your space to turn them off and/or avoid them.
- Go wired! Ethernet connections are safer, faster, and more reliable. Don’t forget to turn off the WiFi and Bluetooth once connected.
- Opt-out of your smart meter—I can help you do this!
Children & Teens
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has recommended that parents do everything they can to lower wireless radiation exposure for children and has issued a listing of effective recommendations on cell phone usage like:
- If you plan to watch a movie on your device, download it first, then switch to airplane mode while you watch in order to avoid unnecessary radiation exposure.
- Avoid carrying your phone against the body like in your pants or bra. Cell phone manufacturers can’t guarantee the amount of radiation you’re absorbing will be at a safe level.
- Opt for text messaging, and use phones in speaker mode or with the use of hands-free headphones.
Here is an excellent flyer from the Environmental Health Trust that goes into further detail.