WHAT is Building Biology?
Building Biology is a field of Building Science that studies the relationship between the built environment and its impact on human health. We study the four pillars of Building Biology: air quality, light quality, water quality and Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs).
Building Biology is based on the Principles of Bau-Biology that was brought from Germany to North America and the rest of the English-speaking world by the renowned architect Helmut Ziehe.
WHO are Building Biologists?
Building Biologists look at hidden sources of toxins and chemicals in your indoor environment by carefully studying each of the four Building Biology pillars in your space. We use the latest technology to discover what and where those sources are coming from, create a mitigation plan best suited for our clients, and educate our clients on the best preventative measures.
WHERE were you trained?
The International Institute for Building Biology and Ecology in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
WHY is Building Biology necessary?
You can’t be well in a sick space.
We look for hidden chemicals, EMFs, and other toxins in your indoor space that are linked to allergic reactions, learning disabilities, neurological problems and major health concerns including cancer, hormonal disruption, insomnia, and more.
- Thirty years ago autism rates were 1 in 10,000 children, and now it’s 1 in every 41 boys and 1 in every 68 girls
- Asthma rates have doubled
- 1 in 5 children have a learning disability
- 1 in 3 people will be diagnosed with cancer (in the 1970’s it was 1 in 10)
- Cancer is now the second leading cause of death for children
- Single-gene inherited cancer syndromes are believed to account for less than 5 percent of malignancies in the United States
- Cancer numbers are still rising, and the President’s Cancer Panel reports “the suspected factors are the proliferation of chemicals in water, foods, air, and household products.”
HOW does Building Biology work?
Building Biologists focus on the things you can change – your space, so you don’t worry about the things you can’t change.
We provide practical and comprehensive solutions to limit toxins on, in, and around your family so you can sleep and feel better in a low EMF, and low petrochemical environment. Here is how we apply Building Biology Principles to your space:
- Identify the hazards that might be making you sick by working with top of the line scientific equipment and top-rated laboratories to test and assess your space for unseen hazards.
- Establish and identify potential causes.
- Make safe and effective recommendations on how to detox your space.
Let’s Get Started Using Science and Common Sense
- We spend 90% of our time indoors. Do it safely.
- There are many easy choices that can be made to reduce toxic exposures.
- There are many retrofits that can be done in any home, accommodating any budget.
- Love your space! My assessments help individuals live and work with minimal inconvenience, and maximum health.
- My goal is to educate and empower you, the consumer.